Thursday, February 2, 2012

Long lost blog...

What can I say? Time flies when you're having...fun? Er. Time flies when you're raising a toddler is more like it. Not that Landen isn't fun or the light of my life, but we have had a crazy few months since my last post. 


I'm not going to get too deep into excuses but the following have each played their own role in my blogging hiatus: work, ear infections, tubes in ears, Thanksgiving, pneumonia, Christmas, teething, 24 hour (but takes all weekend to recover) stomach bug, end of the semester grading, colds, and just busy life in general. There you go. That's what has happened to us since the beginning of October. 


I'm also not going to get too ambitious with my first blog back. I have some things cooking for future (sooner rather than later) posts, so stay tuned. Instead, I'll post some images of what goes on in the McCormick house on a typical day...


Here Landen is eating one of her favorite foods...applesauce. She loves to feed herself and refuses help. This creates a bit of a mess to clean up, but we'll live with that.



Next is "colors". Landen has become obsessed with coloring. Scott and I went away for a night while she stayed at Nana & Papa's house. We got several texts and photos saying/showing that Landen was basically coloring the entire time we were gone. We estimated she colored for about five hours that day...Do I have a future artist on my hands? We'll see. She's even dabbled in watercolors at daycare.



Finally, there's BOOKS! Landen LOVES to read books. She usually gets stuck on one or two for a bit that we tend to read ten times a night. But there are some days we read every book in the pile. She's currently stuck on this My Little Train book...two weeks ago it was the Potty book. What will next week bring? 




So you can probably see why I haven't had time to blog. I have one busy little girl on my hands! Would I have had more time to blog before she came along...sure! But I wouldn't trade her for anything. She is constantly amazing me with her intelligence and her silliness. She's a good distraction from all of the to do lists going on inside my brain.


Next up...a fashion post. Give me a few days, okay?! 

1 comment: