Monday, February 27, 2012

How to spice up a t-shirt

I promised a fashion post long ago, and it's finally here! I've decided to share with you how to make a basic t-shirt something presentable for a night out, for work, or for any casual-dress occasion. 


Back in the fall I purchased a couple of awesome v-neck burnout t's from Old Navy. I say awesome because they're soft, stretchy and long enough to be my perfect t-shirt. These shirts are a polyester, cotton and rayon blend, so they won't shrink...possibly my most favorite quality.


Once I realized just how great these t-shirts were, I tried to figure out how I could get away with wearing them to work without looking like a total slob. This was my solution: first, pair the t-shirt with a cute cardigan (long or short), next, add a fun belt... 

and sometimes even a scarf. 




I pretty much wear this combo at least once a week and usually once on the weekends. I hope you enjoy wearing that favorite t-shirt as much as I do!


P.S. Please excuse the crazy tilted photos. I was trying to figure out how to take a picture of myself from the neck down with one hand while making dinner and entertaining Landen. Multi-tasking at its best!

2 comments:

  1. I like your blog! I like your design ideas. And I like the little lessons in between all the fun stuff. You are a brave women to wear white while cooking and playing with baby! Kristy V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant "woman" with an a. Not "women" with an e. LOL!

    ReplyDelete