Friday, March 16, 2012

Top 10!

When I was looking for inspiration to get the blog started back up my clever sister-in-law, Katie, suggested "Top 10's". She does them on her blog and it's basically a list of ten things on her mind. I was trying to think of something to write about tonight, but there's too many things going on inside my head to focus on just one. So here it goes....



  1. Something that's been on my mind A LOT lately....we bought a house! Details coming soon.
  2. And something just as important....we sold our house! (fingers crossed) It happened so quickly I'm afraid to say it out loud too many times in case it was just a dream. 
  3. Gotta say it....the weather is amazing. Outside of work, I love it. But it makes me nervous that my students are going to shut down wayyyy too early this year.
  4. Landen is doing a great job of getting rid of her "uh-oh" (paci). She only wants it if she wakes in the middle of the night and in the car driving to and from school. The girl is a recovering paci addict. This is progress.
  5. Now that she's letting go of the uh-oh, she's become an avid (stuffed) animal lover. Her first love was "Kiko" the dog. Now we have a zoo of animals lining her bed at night to keep her company. She's always got an animal under her arm. 
  6. In case you haven't heard enough about Landen, she's growing up so fast and proves it every day by showing us her intelligence. She's now forming her own sentences (2-3 words) and not just repeating what we say. It's so fun to see her learning and displaying her unique personality right in front of our eyes.
  7. So when is baby #2 coming along? Um, we just bought a house...give us a break! :)  Oh, and Landen is keeping us PLENTY busy.
  8. I'm turning 30 in a couple of weeks. Living up my 20's by partying every night and pulling reckless stunts. If partying and reckless are code for staying up past 10pm once or twice a week, then my last statement is true.
  9. I'm planning an awesome baby shower for my best friend, Rachel. I can't wait to celebrate the arrival of her little one even though she's refusing to find out the gender.  ;)
  10. In fashion news, get yourself some bright colors for summer/spring. I recently purchased some orangey/red khaki cropped pants and a "highlighter yellow" cardigan and am in love with both. Something about all these bright colors makes me feel so cheerful. :)
That's it! My first top 10 in the books. Enjoy your weekend!






1 comment:

  1. Nice Top 10!
    I can't wait to see your new house!
    We are trying to break Hayes and his paci up too...
    Baby #2 makes me think of our "baby fever" picture from hil's wedding. "classic mccormick girls" (said like target lady)
    I have been checking out the bright colors too! I am trying to put off buying new stuff for a few more weeks though...

    ReplyDelete