Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Where did June go?

I guess the end of school along with preparing for and going on vacation really got in the way of blogging during the month of June. Oops! 


In the month that has passed since my last blog we have gone from having a crawler in the house to having a toddler! Just today Landen took about seven steps on her own. She's still quite wobbly but walking(ish) nonetheless.


We've also just returned from a family vacation on Tybee Island (just east of Savannah, GA; south of Hilton Head). We had a wonderful time with all of the family that made the trip for part of or the entire time. Seven days of sun, seafood, sleep, and sand (ick!) was just what we needed. 


Landen got her first experience of the beach including the sand (yes, she did eat some) and the waves (thought they were hilarious). I can't say I'm much of  a beach person, so I observed from pinky-toe-deep water and tried tirelessly to keep her on the beach blanket as to not get sand everywhere! I like beaches in theory. I mean the warm sun, sand between your toes, sounds of the water rushing in....beautiful, right? In reality it's really hot and I don't like to sweat too much. The sand gets EVERYWHERE no matter what. And the water is just crawling with all types of creatures that you can't even see and don't know they're there until they nibble on you! Needless to say, we spent a lot of time at the condo pool in fresh, clean water with no sea creatures, and I could always see my feet. Hopefully Landen didn't fall too much in love with the beach because this mama will always be a pool-goer.


Shouldn't complain too much, though...since it was a beautiful setting for these fun pics! I can't decide which is my favorite.


Among one of my favorite parts of the vacation was the opportunity to visit Savannah, GA. What a beautiful city! It's a large city with such a small town feel. It's so cozy and quaint. I absolutely loved it. One afternoon we explored the River St. shops which were so fun. This is a shot of just part of River St.
One of my most favorite things about Savannah was the Spanish moss growing on the trees. It made me feel like I was walking onto a movie set. In reality I kind of was....since most of the movie Forrest Gump was filmed in and around the Savannah area.
Who wouldn't want to go back to these two beautiful places, Tybee and Savannah? Looking forward to returning someday. 

2 comments:

  1. I am in total agreement - Definitely a place I would go back to! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Savannah, but I always tell people that I want to live there someday! It seems so picturesque!

    ReplyDelete