Thursday, February 3, 2011

Carrots!!!!

Landen and I have been snowed in for the past three days, so today we decided to be adventurous. By adventurous I mean that I fed Landen carrots - her first solid food (other than cereal). Some may think that feeding an infant carrots (or any food for that matter) does not seem like an adventurous activity. However, those that have children might understand where I'm coming from. As a new parent, I must admit that feedings are what stress me out the most because once you get comfortable with your routine, it changes! Babies are constantly growing and changing not only in size but also in their nutritional needs. So I'm always looking at the next step and how to implement it into our lives. I feel like I'm always wondering: how much? when? what time? is she ready? If anyone has answers to these questions, please let me know right away. If not, we'll just keep doing our best (and doing loads of "research" before making a move).

Here's Landen's face as she tasted her first real food.
Don't let the face fool you. She made it almost every time I put the carrots in her mouth. As she moved it around and swallowed she loved them and kept coming back for more! 







2 comments: