Saturday, January 29, 2011

A New Venture...

I've always wanted a blog of my own because I like the idea of a journal but could never keep the habit of writing in one. Maybe this will be different. I hope. I was afraid that if I started a blog I wouldn't have anything to write about. My sister-in-law, Katie has a great blog that focuses on her life and highlights her love for cooking through recipes and photos of the dishes she prepares. Since Katie has cooking, I wondered: "What do I have to contribute to the world?" Then I got to thinking, and I think I have PLENTY to say. So this blog will consist of things on which I consider myself quite knowledgeable: good reads, fashion & style, USEFUL everyday grammar...along with events and occasions from my life. Who knows where this blog will take me? Who knows if anyone will read it? But I'm excited and ready to start!

Oh, and the name? Confessions of a Font Snob. If it's not self-explanatory...I love fonts. I'm sure it started back in high school when I was a member of the yearbook staff. Now, as a yearbook adviser my font snobbishness has only gotten worse. I can name fonts by sight (on billboards, t-shirts, etc), and I absolutely loathe Times New Roman. It's just disgusting as far as fonts are concerned. I wouldn't mind if TNR fell off the map and never returned. Harsh. I know. But that's why I'm a font snob.


Just a little yearbook "flair" from Jen, my favorite ybk rep.

1 comment: